Guest Wireless (WiFi) Access Policy
Revision Number: 1 Date of issue: March 2016
Status: Approved Date of approval: March 2016
Palace Theatre provides a staff/cast wireless network, in this document referred to as Guest which is available for access by users who have a compatible wireless device and are a current user of the theatre.
Any user utilising the guest wireless connection should be aware of and agree to conditions of use including but not limited to the following:
1. The Theatre assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Theatre’s guest wireless network or the Internet, nor liability for any damages to hardware, software or data, howsoever caused.
2. Guest wireless access is provided as a free service on an “as is” basis with no guarantee of service.
3. Users are responsible for setting up their own equipment to access the guest wireless network.
4. Staff will not provide technical assistance and will not assume any responsibility for personal hardware configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the guest wireless network. It is recommended that users make a backup copy of any settings before configuring their equipment for use on the guest wireless network.
5. The guest wireless network provides basic data encryption between the access points and the end user device. Use of the guest wireless internet connection is undertaken at the user’s own risk. It is the responsibility of the user to protect their wireless devices through use of up-to-date virus protection, personal firewall and any other suitable measures.
6. The guest wireless network may be subject to periodic maintenance and unforeseen downtime.
7. The Theatre filters and monitors ALL Internet access.
8. Printing access is not available via the guest wireless network. If the user desires to print, they will have to make their own suitable alternative arrangements.
9. Any attempt to circumvent Theatre procedures or any unauthorised attempt to access or manipulate Theatre equipment or networks, may result in permanent disconnection from the guest wireless network and further action being taken.